Wednesday, February 01, 2006

 

What's all the hubbub not about?

Well, look who's posting after a year. It's just that I've become mired in the same apathy that killed the Democratic Party in America. Last night, I went out on the 'net to all the usual and many unusual political sites and blogs expecting a deluge of opinion and reaction to the SOTU address. I waited until la medianoche, EST, figuring it would take a while for the punditry to produce. Nothing. A big, vast, gaping nothing. That's probably the new Republican strategy: numbness. Put them to sleep, they won't notice a thing.

I did not listen to the speech (you in the know will know that I wouldn't watch the damned thing). I was perhaps not alone in being underwhelmed by the prospect of listening to George II prattle on about, well, whatever it is he's on about this year. I'm sure it's staying the good, moral, Christian, righteous course, not backing down to the terrorists, hope and optimism... am I getting this right?... and energy independence from "foriegn oil". Like Texaco.

I even tuned in to the repulsive and dreadful "Air America" network today, hoping for a glimmer in the embers of opposition, but after 8 minutes of meaningless dreck, I tuned back to Jim Rome. It is, after all, Super Bowl week.

I am resigned to life without an opposition party, for at least the next 13 years before and until the Chinese march in and take over. It's just so saddening and maddening that this happened on my watch. Sorry.


Comments:
Wow! A comment from not-a-bot! woohoo! Anyway, I found your blog insightful and interesting...goddammit i just broke a fucking nail. Now I must go have a nail funeral. Fucking things are always dying and breaking on me. It's criminal. I think it's Bush's fault. Not sure how, but I think it has to do with illegal wiretaping and unaccountability. For the love of little green apples, don't visit my blog!

Ooooo! Look! Something shiny over there!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?